Cat Wisdom 101 Top Posts of the Decade. Happy New Year 2020!
Can you believe it’s Mew Year’s Eve?
We’ve been blogging for over a decade but only 9 years at Cat Wisdom 101 and it’s been an adventure beyond my wildest dreams. If you’ve joined the ride at the beginning or recently came aboard, thank you and welcome. Blogging is hard work. In hindsight, I think it takes a slightly obsessive personality to continue year after year. At the heart is you dear reader and I’ll let Odin share my thoughts.
As you may know, I haven’t been blogging as doggedly (bad pun) as the early years of daily posts but I haven’t quit either. My crystal ball is foggy so who knows what 2020 will bring but, I wish you laughter, strength, quiet joys and inner peace. Oh and the love of a cat or three or more.
We enjoyed a whole lotta love and likes (over 90,000!) at our @BlackcatsofIG account on Instagram. Aren’t they stunning?
If you’re curious as a cat, do purrrrruse our all-time top 10 popular posts in terms of views with a couple of my personal favorites.
In no particular order but with some new images :
1. How High Can A Cat Jump? This old post from 2011 has been shared a crazy amount of times at numerous other websites. It was inspired by and features our athletic boy, Odin who continues to leap to almost record highs.
2. Burma and Other Adventure Cats from 2015 features the amazing Burma who is still living the adventure cat lifestyle plus other vagabond cats from around the globe.
3.Top 10 Tips For Easier Vet Visits Popular for good reason. A practical and much-needed post since who likes going to the vet.
4.Cats, Souls and Shamans I had to choose one with the cat that inspired Cat Wisdom 101, the magnificent, magical Merlin but this popped up as most views exactly three years ago and a few months before he died. Who would have ever guessed? And it contains a prescient clue to my new direction.
5. Why Cat’s Do The Social Roll One of our many cat behavior classics. Does your cat do it?
6. 10 Ways To Beat the Feline Winter Blues Another classic that I’m thinking of updating because I have a feeling we’ll need it in winter 2020. People and cats seem to be more stressed since I originally wrote it.
7. Tomcat Tomfoolery Inspired by our former feral Domino and explores secondary sexual features.
8. Top 10 Tips For Finding Lost Cats Again sadly popular for a reason with a ton of comments. I hope you never have need of the list but save it.
9.Cats In Fog Photos Of the 10,000+ photos posted since launching, this apparently is the most popular. The model is Odin and I can’t wait to share some recent pics both indoors and outdoor adventures.
10. Nine Cat Behavior Lessons Last but not least, I include this because it had huge views because it landed on the front page of Reddit. And the info by a veterinarian is valuable. The photo is
See you next year in 2020!
Much peace, love and purrs,
Layla, Clyde, Odin and Nou Nou