Hello, It’s me black cat Clyde and I’m back for another Black Cat Monday. Did you miss me? I have lots of news! Is it a holiday where you live? Happy Columbus Day to our fellow Americans and Happy Thanksgiving to our dear Canadian friends. Did you know my mom is a proud ex-pat Canadian? Either way, it means a day off and more treats. We’re having a BBQ and I’ll be thankful for some juicy morsels.
Speaking of juicy morsels, let’s move on to some more news.
- Life is pretty good and I’m still going out daily. No, the novelty has not worn off but what’s with all those crispy dried leaves? It’s getting cooler and there is talk about me wearing a sweater or coat. Listen, I’ve lived almost 20 years on this planet without wearing wool. Why start now? Layla says I would look especially dapper. We’ll see about that. Hint hint. This is what I don’t want for Christmas.
Okay, that’s not really news but I had quite the shock last week.
2. Two black pugs showed up in our garden and went out to meet them. No, I was not the least bit scared. Why would I be with those silly faces?
One was barking at me but I’m deaf and could care less. Those goofballs named Dylan and Little Sheba even had the nerve to come inside. Boo, I say!
3. PAWS, the shelter where I’m from are offering reduced adoption rates this month for black cats. I’m especially impressed with George, a handsome mancat aged five. That’s almost a kitten compared to me. PAWS is an amazing shelter with beautiful cage-free areas. A must-see if you live in the Tri-State Area More about George here.
4. Did you see our our post last week with our first video in a dog’s age? It was in honor of Black Cat Awareness Month and kind of spooky. Some said it was a bit too scary. See it here. I thought it was kind of Halloweenish fun but Layla decided to make a lighter version. I think it works and relays the message beautifully. It was quite popular on Instagram but on YouTube it slipped into a black hole of invisibility. Sigh. See it here and compare. Which do you prefer? Like, view and comment on YouTube please. I wonder if anyone is even reading this. You know with attention spans these days. Glance a photo, read a caption maybe and it’s on to the next thing. That’s not YOU, though thankfully.
4. The Dodo did a cute video to promote black cat adoption which racked up half a million views. Yay, the word is getting out, not that we get credit. We’re tiny but mighty and every like and share counts!
That’s all for this week unless you’re on Instagram where we share stories daily.
Lots of black cat love and purrs,
P.S. Some people can leave comments while others can’t. We haven’t unraveled the glitch, sorry.