Cat Expert Reviews Purrfect Pouch Plus Giveaway by Layla Morgan Wilde
You may have seen it on TV and wondered if a Purrfect Pouch really is purrfect. I’ve reviewed hundreds of cat products over the years and will share my honest opinion.
The one thing I’ve learned about cats is that they rule. You can’t force a cat to do anything. At least not without being bitten or scratched. Many cats hate going to the vet because they hate carriers.
Now there is an alternative way to transport your cat to the vet, groomer or other short trip. The Purrfect Pouch is multi-purpose bag with unique features making it useful for comfortably restraining a cat for trimming claws, cleaning ears, pilling or dispensing meds.
I would have loved a Purrfect Pouch to carry our old cat Merlin around the house in the final year of his life. As mobility decreased from kidney disease, he still wanted to get around but the stairs proved difficult.
He demanded attention 24/7 and I often carried him in a makeshift carry-bag to make him feel secure and near me but I’d be hands free.
Merlin is gone now and my remaining four cats have no issues getting into a carrier. Odin, our primary products tester reminded me of his #rule: Cats rule.
He was not in the mood to work.
Odin is a very active indoor outdoor cat and escape artist. He can escape out of almost any harness or carrier. He almost escaped from the Purrfect Pouch. Almost.
He quickly taught me the most important thing you need to know about the Purrfect Pouch: Adjust the size of the neck opening for a snug but comfortable fit.
What you need to know about Purrfect Pouch.
- The neck opening has an adjustable Velcro strip. The opening as is works for a large cat or one with a thick neck. Most cats will need to adjust the size. DO NOT leave the house until it fits.
- If your cat can poke their front paw out, the opening is too big.
- There is a small Velcro slit large enough for a paw and part of the leg to groom or trimming claws.
- There is a zipper at the bottom extending the entire length. When open, it’s easy to slide the pouch over the head of the cat and through the collar.
- For cats who love bags and boxes like Odin, you can hold it open and they they may walk right inside.
- ***Once a cat is zipped in they can not escape. Do not leave your cat unsupervised.
- Some cats will pee or poo in a carrier. If that’s happened with your cat, I recommend placing an a small towel or absorbent puppy pad prior to using.
- Most cats love the snug security of the pouch but to reinforce a positive experience, give an appropriate treat if they are responding well inside and another treat once they are released.
- The Purrfect Pouch is ideal for indoor only cats to safely enjoy fresh air in the garden or park.
- Cats used to travel like adventure cats can use the Purrfect Pouch longer but always respect the comfort level and time limit of the cat.
- There are some cats who hate containment of any kind. Never force a cat into this or any enclosed space. Those cats may need behavioral training to achieve a positive response.
- If using the shoulder strap while carrying a heavy cat, support with one hand on the bottom.
What I love about Purrfect Pouch
- Small, light and portable.
- Packs flat for easy storage or travel.
- You can keep one in your car or bag as an emergency a carrier. Great for cat rescue groups.
- The handle doubles as a shoulder strap
- The fabric is strong puncture-proof polyester
- Water resistant
- Sturdy construction that’s GUARANTEED
- Easy to clean with a wet cloth or machine wash
- Two colors: Teal green or black.
Our eldest cat Clyde wasn’t inclined to work either not even with bribes of catnip. But your cats don’t need to do anything to win. They just need you.
Enter our Purrfect Pouch Giveaway for a chance to win a double prize pack of TWO Purrfect Pouches right meow by simply leaving a comment. Tell us why you’d like to win a Purrfect Pouch.
If you’d rather buy one at a purrfect price visit PURRFECT POUCH
The Purrfect Pouch giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and on until 11:59, June 13, 2017. The winner will be selected randomly via randomizer.com and announced on June 14, 2017. The winner will be notified by email to request their shipping address. If there is no reply within 48 hours, another winner will be selected.
Speaking for all of us at Cat Wisdom 101, Odin apologizes for being lazy and wishes you good luck! These beauties are blooming in our garden now.
FTC disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. We received Purrfect Pouch samples and financial compensation. At Cat Wisdom 101 we value our readers and only share content we believe is useful for cat lovers.