It’s St. Catrick Patrick Day! When cats blog, they adapt every holiday as their own. As cat lovers, we learn to accept it. After all, cats rule no matter what their nationality. And March 17th also happens to be the feast day for St. Gertrude, the patron saint of cats.
We’re sharing some traditional Irish blessings. Which is your favorite?
- May the sun shine bright on your windowpane, May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain, May the hand of a friend always be near you, And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
- May your life be long, may your heart be true. May your path be clear and your skies be blue. May your soul be happy and your spirit light. May you know deep joy, may your dreams take flight.
- May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon you face, the rains fall soft upon your fields, and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
- For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way. Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day.
- May the road rise up to always meet ya, Sun come up to brightly greet ya, May your steps be strong beneath ya, Have a Happy St. Patrick’s Day! May your days be merry and bright, May your pockets be heavy and heart be light, May your path be good and right.
Happy St. Catrick Patrick’s Day from our home to yours.
Clyde insisted on a card for his black cat clan. He thinks he’s very lucky and I have to agree. His diabetes is getting under control and he’s as frisky as a kitten!
I had no time to make a new cards with all of us but this old one of Odin and moi will have to do. Or see our post about Kiss Me, I’m Irish. Odin’s one big green eye strikes me as very Irish.