NEWS & MEWS
Cats have often been called house panthers or tigers and now it’s scientifically true. Domino, seen above, of course knew all along). Researchers have succeeded in sequencing the genome of several species of endangered big cats and found domestic cats share up to 95.6% of the same DNA as tigers. The sequencing the genomes of several types of big cat is an effort to aid conservation efforts, specifically the endangered snow leopard.
As always, we aim to enlighten and entertain cat lovers. Our highlights this week included:
- Our post about Grumpy Cat and The Friskies Awards. Yeah, I got to hold her and swooned like everyone else.
- We also did a darker, tongue-in-cheek piece, Is Grumpy Cat The New Self-Help Guru? at Boomer Muse
- A fun, exclusive Q & A with the original celebrity cat, Morris.
- We celebrated Vet Tech Week with easy, practical advice like how do check if your cat is dehydrated and other tips.
- Every Wednesday in October we’re featuring Black Cat Awareness with black cat art and vintage collectibles.
- Spotlight on two extraordinary black cats looking for forever homes with heart melting stories.
When I got home from snuggling with Grumpy Cat, Merlin could smell her and not amused. She received a lifetime achievement award and Merlin feels at age 19, that he deserves one too!
Gris Gris has a new bad habit: butt-warming hubby’s laptop. I suspect GG is surfing the Whiskerlist
Meanwhile, I found Odin in my office sleeping on the job.
That was our week, how was yours?