When I posted this week about big holiday spending on pets and the influence of bloggers I wasn’t kidding. The shocking true stats can now be revealed with new infographic from BlogPaws. I must confess I’m one of the 62% that signs holiday card (okay, most cards) by my cats and I’m one of the 69% who takes photos of my cats in holiday attire i.e. in yesterday’s post on how to make your cat happy during the holidays.
I’m all for giving our pets gifts but what they really want is our time and love. One kind of win win shopping is when it gives back shopping online at the ASPCA store.Scroll down to enter our ASPCA GIVEAWAY and get some DIY pet gift suggestions too!
The ASPCA has fun gift ideas for pets and pet lovers alike, including these fun Do-It-Yourself gifts for cats and dogs, which are perfect for DIY enthusiasts or just those trying to cut back on costs:
- For dogs, braid together two strips of an old t-shirt for a fun chew toy – photo with directions here.
- For cats, use a t-shirt and a few easy-to-find household items to create this cozy cat tent – photo with directions here.
- Since cats love tuna, this quick and easy treat will keep them occupied during holiday dinner – photo with directions here.
- For a tasty reward, make pumpkin pie cookies (perfect for cats and dogs) with this simple recipe – photo with directions here.
These pet gift ideas, which also give back to animal welfare through the ASPCA online store:
- Catnip Toy 6 Pack
- Dog 10-Piece Gift Set
- Taj Ma Hound Doggy Donuts
- Cat Play Ball
- ENTER to WIN an ASPCA HOLIDAY GIFT PACK. Leave a comment before 11:59 pm ET Dec.12, 2014. For extra chances to win, social media share this post and leave a separate comment telling us where you shared. Good luck and happy shopping!
- Join the ASPCA for a #SantaPaws Holiday Twitter party and giveaway extravaganza, which will be on Thursday, December 18th from 7-8pm EST.