Do we need flea and tick meds in the dead of winter? There’s a foot of snow in our garden and I haven’t seen a tick in months but guess what? Fleas have a long life cycle and to my horror, I saw a flea jump from Domino while brushing him in early winter.
Oh no! Fleas?
And then Odin started scratching. We prefer a natural approach to flea and tick care and had tried a product in late fall that clearly was an epic fail. It was time for the big guns and the dear folks from Entirely Pets came to our rescue with the new and improved dual action topical Advantage II for Cats. It provides fast-acting relief whether your cat has fleas or picks up fleas from another animal. What brought me peace of mind is knowing:
- The easy to apply once-monthly treatment works!
- The active ingredient, imidacloprid kills 98-100% of adult fleas within 12 hours and kills re-infesting fleas within 2 hours.
- Advantage II for Cats breaks the flea life cycle and targets the ENTIRE flea life cycle.
- The addition of the insect growth regulator (IGR) pyriproxyfen inhibits development of flea eggs and larvae. Flea eggs can lodge into rugs, crevices and furniture for months!
- Spring is six weeks away and the last thing I need is a flea infestation or to worry about tapeworm. Our vet says flea and tick meds are a must have all year round. He feels the chemicals are safe for our cats except Merlin who is 19 and has kidney disease. It’s all the more reason for our other cats to be flea and tick-free around him.
If you don’t want to take any chances with fleas on your cat or in your home, read up more about fleas and take advantage of the 15% off coupon at Entirely Pets Enter Flea15 at checkout.