At Cat Wisdom 1, we believe in using only the best quality “Green” products for our cats for their health, safety and the well-being of our planet. The lovely people from Skout’s Honor sent us their four new products to test and we’re offering our readers a giveaway with 3 winners!
The professional grade pet products in 32 oz. size with spray nozzle are non-toxic, biodegradable, eco-friendly and free of harsh chemicals, chlorine and formaldehyde.
- Urine Destroyer
- Stain & Odor Remover
- Odor Eliminator
- Litter Box Deodorizer (for cats)
The four products arrived in August, and for the past three months we’ve used them daily for some serious testing. They couldn’t have arrived at a better time.
- Our Domino is getting older and has (excuse my language) stinky poops. A spritz in and around the litter box with Skout’s Honor Litter Deodorizer and it’s instantly fresh.
- Merlin, 21, has CKD and is getting incontinent. Truthfully, even with new steps up to the bed and a litter box nearby (yes we have a litter box in our bedroom) he doesn’t always get to the box in time. We’re doing a lot of laundry and carpet cleaning. Skout’s Honor Urine Destroyer has saved our duvet and my sanity.
- Foster cat Nou Nou, rescued from a hoarder began peeing and pooing out of the box because of constipation. With six litter boxes on three floors, it’s not always easy to keep track of who is going where. The root cause was resolved medically and the soiled areas cleaned immaculately with Skout’s Honor Stain and Odor Remover.
- The smartest thing a cat can do to alert their owner that something is wrong (physically or emotionally) is to not use the litter box. It’s gets our attention.
The smart owner will take their cat to the vet to rule out a physical cause. Unfortunately many owners choose to surrender their cat to a shelter instead.
Litter box issues are the # 1 reason cats wind up in shelters.
There’s an easier solution. Visit the vet and clean the mess with a product that works like Skout’s Honor. If there is a trace of odor left, a cat will likely return to the same spot, again and again reinforcing the behavior. Think it smells clean? Think again. A cat’s sense of smell is about 14 times more acute than a human’s.
Are you smell-blind?
Humans habituate to smell. It’s why we don’t really know what our homes smell like. If you want to find out what your guests smell, get out. Go away for the weekend or longer to refresh your sense of smell. When you return, take a good sniff the moment you open your front door. It may be a wake-up call to freshen up.
Help is on the way. What do I love most about Skout’s Honor?
- All-natural, safe but strong.
- Works fast on new or old stains.
- Proprietary Odor Eliminating technology doesn’t just cover up nasty smells, it destroys foul odor molecules on contact, leaving surfaces and surrounding naturally fresh.
- All Skout’s honor products are manufactured under the California Green Chemistry initiative.
- The only thing better than a product that works is value. In three months of daily use, we’ve only used a total of @6 oz.
My quick tips.
1) It’s not enough to scoop out a litter daily. The entire litter box needs to be emptied and washed out regularly. To save time, do in between wipes with of the sides and edges of the box with Skout’s Honor Stain and Odor Remover.
2) Place a puppy or training pad in front of the litter box. It catches stray litter and messes from cats who spray (like to pee vertically) or don’t make it to the box on occasion. Replace the pad as needed. If your cat prefers to do their business outside the box more than once or twice, please bring them to the vet for a check-up.
GIVEAWAY DETAILS: 3 winners will win prize packs of all 4 products (retail value $80.00). This giveaway is on for one week and open to residents of the U.S. We’ll announce the winners on Nov. 6, 2015. BONUS: Skout’s Honor will donate a day’s worth of food to a shelter animal for everyone who enters.
Click on the Skout’s Honor GIVEAWAY link to enter. You will only be asked for a valid email to contact you if you win. Good luck!
Happy National Cat Day!
To enter the giveaway For more details, visit the awesome website at SkoutsHonor and follow them for their latest news on Instagram @Skoutshonor on Twitter @Skoutshonorpet and Facebook @Skoutshonorpet
FTC disclaimer. This is a sponsored post, but our views are 100% our own. We only share content we feel is of value to our readers.