Top quality organic 100% protein cat treats can be expensive but here’s our recipe to make your own healthy, kitty treats easily at home.
100% chicken. No additives, fillers, carbs or chemicals.
Cat Wisdom 101 Homemade Organic Chicken Treats
- Take 1 lb. of fresh organic free-range boneless chicken breast and freeze until firm but not frozen (about two hours). This makes the chicken easier to cut.
- Preheat oven to 200°F is equal to 93.33°C
- Oil a large cookie sheet
- With a large, sharp chef’s knife slice thin. Then cut into smaller pieces about 1 inch square
- Place chicken pieces on baking sheet
- Sprinkle with sea salt (about half a tsp.)
- Bake for 2 hours or until crispy
- Once cool, transfer to an airtight storage container.
The treats can be broken into smaller pieces if desired. These treats are healthy but not a meal replacement. Limit treats to a couple a day. While the treats are cooling, the smell will be irresistible so keep your kitties away.
P.S. Dogs love them too!