Yesterday, we happily shared our favorite Christmas gift from Dr. Fern Slack and her RockSpirit Designs. While well versed in using crystals for in the home, for energetic feng shui balancing, I have no experience with using healing stones on a cat collar. Merlin is my willing test subject and he’s teaching me day by day. All cats are master teachers but humans are often too impatient or unaware to learn their life lessons. The biggest lesson Merlin teaches me is humility. Just when I think I’m pretty clever he let’s me know otherwise.
It’s only been a few days but this what I’ve noticed:
- I normally sleep with Merlin most of the night. At bedtime and in the morning we meditate together and I while he’s in my arms, I do Reiki (energy) healing. It’s our time to connect. He lets me know how he’s feeling and other things on his mind. Being a demanding Siamese, I can get quite an earful. The first night wearing the collar, he didn’t want or need any Reiki. It was like a blowing a fuse with too much wattage.
- He liked wearing it at first and liked the attention from the humans and the other cats. He’s always been proud and vain. All the cats reacted differently to his new “jewels”. Odin was curious and boldly tackled Merlin outdoors. Merlin hates it and Odin hasn’t dared do that since last year. I suspect it had to do with a Merlin walking more confidently. Domino couldn’t get enough snuggling and grooming with Merlin. He’s usually very gentle but at one point he sat on him in an attempt to get closer to the stones. Gris Gris and Merlin have been sharing more snuggle time on the radiator.
- I sensed Merlin likes the collar off at times, and we’ve experimented taking having it on and off. It feels like a balancing act as he recalibrates the changing energy. I wish I could figure out a way for him to take it on and off himself! When I asked him yesterday, if he wanted it off, he didn’t give a clear signal so I asked for a physical signal, to move back if wanted it off. He moved back. The day before I’d misread a sign and removed the collar when he didn’t want me to. He quickly got my attention by peeing in cats play box with crinkle paper. He never has litter box issues. Most behavioral issues are a cat’s more dramatic way of communicating. It’s a resourceful way to get our attention but it’s our job to figure out what’s wrong and correct it.
- Merlin is moving up the stairs with more mobility and energy.
- The first night the dangling crystal clinked against his water bowl disturbing my sleep. He’s since figured out how to eat and drink without sounding like Big Ben.
I’ll be keeping a log of data as empirically as possible for future reference.
If you are interested in learning more about the science of vibrational healing, I recommend Vibrational Medicine by Dr. Richard Gerber.